Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Painting Progress by Artist NORA KASTEN


 Continued Progress For Painting #1118 on gallery wrapped canvas  (36"x48"x1.5")

"This morning, looking at the painting I realize that painting section by section as I have been doing, I'm losing essence and liveliness in it.  For example, the chair.  It was better in the beginning rough-in.  There needs to be some distant sunlight and sky holes in the distant background too.  The painting is becoming too tight and way too early.  Maybe the palette knife will help me.

Today, Susan Roux is coming to see my studio.  We'll have lunch right here where I live in Fiddler's Creek at the Gater Grill, near the clubhouse and large pool with a waterfall.  Her husband, Mike, and their son, Jesse are coming too and I'm really looking forward to their visit.
Who knows how much painting I'll get done today."

Below is a photo of painting progress earlier in the day, yesterday.  I cut the roses down more and worked on background after this photo.


No comments: