Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NORA KASTEN Artist Oil Painting "Roses Are Red" / Journey-Day 2


"Roses Are Red"
© Nora Kasten
Oil on Textured Linen  (24" x 20")  From the archives  SOLD

"Tonight, I am in Chester, Virginia and 963 miles from home.  The driving is almost enjoyable.  I've learned to stop often, take walks at the rest areas and a short afternoon nap there with the car running and the doors locked. . . .  . and Karl's handicap sticker displayed.  

I'm listening to Eckert Tolle's "The Power Of Now" again and I'm in agreement with him.  The death of my beloved Karl is making more sense to me now but the heartache is still so very raw.  So often during the day I want to share something with him and of course I'm reminded anew that he's not with me any longer.  Shortly before he died that sad night he said " Nora, your life will be better" but it isn't and I don't see how it could ever be."


4 comments:

Cheri Wollenberg said...

The colors you use are so amazing and vibrant, just as you must be. Dear Nora, I've been away from the computer for a while. I did not know that you had lost your beloved. I'm sorry. It is good that you rest....it is good also that you think of him. Your life may not be better, but it will be different. Bless you. C
(Of Course, you won't want to publish...just know that I will think of you).

martinealison said...

Vous ne pourrez pas oublier, vous pouvez pensez... Il sera toujours là pour épauler... Il vous envoie toute la force nécessaire pour que vous puissiez avancer dans ce chemin souvent tortueux de la vie.
Bien des choses à vous... Prenez soin de vous...

Karla said...

Nora,

Beautiful painting. Praying for God's comfort for you as you grieve your loss. Karla

Susan Roux said...

Hi Nora,

This painting is one of my favorites. Everything about it speaks to me. The light, the colors, the weight given to the roses... Its just beautiful.

Its still ok to tell Karl all those things you want to tell him. He's certainly listening and will answer you in your heart...

Safe travels today!