Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Roses, Outdoors" Oil Painting by Artist, NORA KASTEN


"Roses, Outdoors"
Oil painting on linen on board  (14"x14")    November 8, 2011

"This painting took far too long to complete so it may look labored but I've decided to declare "victory" and move on to the next.  Laboring over a painting never makes it better.

Life is very good here in Naples, Florida with many days at the beach.  Today, I'm going to a beautiful spot on the East Trail and am hoping to get some good photos."



3 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Beautiful Nora. I love your colors. The greens in the foreground are spectacular! Your roses are coming to life again...

I found myself painting in orange after your call. You were oozing out of me! Hugs.

Carol Blackburn said...

Stunning bouquet, Nora. So wonderful to hear you are out and about, experiencing each day. Hugs, Carol

billspaintingmn said...

Nora! This is alive with color! It doesn't look laybored, though it's detailed enough to get lost in.
(but that's what we hope for in painting and viewing!)

You really put your all into these paintings, people love that!