Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Nora" /Self Portrait by Artist, NORA KASTEN

"NORA"  2009

Self Portrait   Oil on Linen  (24"x20")    2009    /  Archived

"This was me almost 5 years ago.  Today, after cataract surgery, I no longer need to wear glasses and my hair is silver with a very short cut.

Of course my spiritual journey began the day I was born but in January of this year, 2013, I began a Spiritual Quest.  This year is coming to a close now but not my Spiritual Quest.  With Joy I proclaim this year to be one of the most remarkable years of my life here on Earth.

Today, another Blessing!  The artist and author, Florence Scovel Shinn, was revealed to me.  She was born in 1871 and transitioned in 1940.  She attended the PA Artist Academy and was married for some years to one of the Ashcan artists of New York,  Everett Shinn  (1876-1953).
Her words are the reminder of what I learned back in 1982 after reading Napoleon Hill's book "Think And Grow Rich".  This is just what I need today and gladly share Florence's book with you now.  I have this book on my IPad/Kindal but it is so good having her book read to me."  



3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Good day Nora, this post is so special. I started listening to this person speak and found it so soothing. I have listened to the first chapter and will continue later but wanted to let you know that I was reading it. Precious information some of us tend to forget. Thank you!

oakleyses said...

vans outlet, soccer shoes, beats headphones, marc jacobs outlet, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, instyler ionic styler, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, herve leger, moncler, longchamp, insanity workout, uggs on sale, bottega veneta, canada goose pas cher, ugg soldes, abercrombie and fitch, ghd, hollister, rolex watches, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, north face outlet, ugg, roshe run, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, moncler outlet, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, lululemon outlet, birkin bag, asics shoes, canada goose, p90x workout, celine handbags, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, moncler

oakleyses said...

vans outlet, soccer shoes, beats headphones, marc jacobs outlet, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, instyler ionic styler, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, herve leger, moncler, longchamp, insanity workout, uggs on sale, bottega veneta, canada goose pas cher, ugg soldes, abercrombie and fitch, ghd, hollister, rolex watches, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, north face outlet, ugg, roshe run, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, moncler outlet, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, lululemon outlet, birkin bag, asics shoes, canada goose, p90x workout, celine handbags, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, moncler