Saturday, April 19, 2014

Destroyed Painting by Artist, NORA KASTEN

"SUNDAY MORNING TREAT"
Painting #1035  Oil on Linen   (36"x 24")   Painted in May, 2009   Overpainted or destroyed

"This may be my last Post for a couple of weeks.  I leave for France on Monday, April 21, 2014 and return on Monday, May 5, 2014.  This is my first trip to Europe and I feel so very happy and grateful.  It's my 77th birthday present to Nora.  The IPad and IPhone will be with me and who knows . . . .  maybe I can post from France.  This Digital Age is a wonderful experience, isn't it?" 

From "The Daily Word"                       Saturday, April 19, 2014
FORGIVE
I forgive, and I am forgiven.
Today I choose forgiveness for myself and others. I let go of the perception of how things should have been and open my heart to accept life as it is. I make a choice for my serenity and peace of mind.
I forgive any error I may have made in my thoughts, words, or actions. I quickly release any harsh judgment and step into expressing my best self. In so doing, I become more accepting, tolerant, and free.
As I forgive others, the Divine in me connects to the Divine in them. Even if no apology is spoken, my forgiveness cleanses me of any bitterness. Forgiveness creates harmony and builds communication and understanding. By forgiving both others and myself, I gain an open heart and peace of mind.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you.—Psalm 86:5

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Nora, wishing you happy and safe traveling. If you find a web cam streaming live from, let's say the Eiffel Tower you can give us all a wave hello. Enjoy yourself!

Jen Beaudet said...

Have a wonderful trip Nora! Your art and your life are inspirational! Jennifer