Friday, August 1, 2014

Studio & Office Walls by Artist, NORA KASTEN

"ORANGE BAG"
Painting # 906  Oil on Linen  (20"x16")  Completed October 21, 2006
In the collection of Mr. & Mrs. Jason Simrell


"This is my office and studio I woke up to this morning.  I didn't run out of paint.  I couldn't move the heavy glass desk and couldn't reach the top of the wall over it.  The solution was to leave the wall over and under the window white.  I am so happy with the result and it seems like one of those "happy accidents" has happened.  It's amazing how a pencil and level can help us."

"The left-side view.  This photo shows my easel and a painting in progress.  The wall in back of the easel is still white.  By the way, that painting was started months ago.  Will I finish it?"

"The right-side corner view.  I am so pleased to have such a beautiful workspace and view."

"Today's message from Unity's "Daily Word" is perfect for me today.  Remember, I am 77 years old and I really enjoyed being on the ladder and painting walls yesterday."  Actually, this message is perfect for all of us.  Enthusiasm and Gratitude . . .  . WOW!"


Ageless
I honor my ageless nature by living with enthusiasm and gratitude.

The essence of my being is ageless. The spark of divinity, of God within me, is everlasting. It was there before my birth and will continue beyond my physical body.
What a blessing it is to know that this most real part of me is always fresh and vibrant! As I cherish memories, wisdom, growth, and a bounty of lessons learned throughout my life, I understand that my fundamental nature remains ageless.
No matter my chronological age, my spirit is as new as a budding leaf. I visualize myself in the flow of all that God is. I honor my ageless nature by living this day with enthusiasm and gratitude.

Their leaves will not wither … but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary.—Ezekiel 47:12

No comments: