Sunday, September 26, 2010

NORA KASTEN Artist Oil Painting "Anniversary Roses" / THE JOURNEY-Day 7


"Anniversary Roses"
© Nora Kasten
Oil painting on textured linen  (40" x 30")  Artist's collection

"Today is day 7 of The Journey and I'm still not painting.
It's late Sunday afternoon and I came back to the inn after lunch.  We all watched Stapleton Kearns paint another painting this morning after we had hiked a mile from a parking lot in Acadia National Park.  I had to really bundle up to keep warm . . . . it was only 50 degrees and the first hour was misting rain.  I took a big umbrella.  The guys lugged a tent to the painting spot but the misting finally let up and we didn't need it after all.  We hiked on a trail in the woods, next to the ocean until we came to an inlet with a small beach area.  It was neat watching the tide come in as Stape was painting.  

I certainly felt led to attend this workshop and really glad to be here but this lady is not physically fit enough to do what the others are doing.  I can't even guess what will happen tomorrow, our last day.  When Susan Roux gets back to the inn this evening she will fill me in on all the details.  She is so bubbly and enthused it's really great she is here too. 

We were at Otter Cliffs yesterday."

4 comments:

billspaintingmn said...

Nora! I wanted to attend that workshop myself, but felt paralized
to go anywhere!(Ha)
Bravo to you for being there!
I was able to go to a friends cabin this weekend,(just a little over an hour away from my home) but I am getting out.

Yor paintings are wonderful!

martinealison said...

Il est bon que vous vous sentiez bien même si la peinture ne vient pas tout de suite... Bisous à vous et à Susan

Gilberto said...

I filing with you and se as a god omen this little venture. Life is master against. Everything will come in due time, enjoy, and perhaps suffer a little, it is a good stimulus, Say halo from me to Susan you’re in good hands there.

oakleyses said...

vans outlet, soccer shoes, beats headphones, marc jacobs outlet, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, instyler ionic styler, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, herve leger, moncler, longchamp, insanity workout, uggs on sale, bottega veneta, canada goose pas cher, ugg soldes, abercrombie and fitch, ghd, hollister, rolex watches, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, north face outlet, ugg, roshe run, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, moncler outlet, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, lululemon outlet, birkin bag, asics shoes, canada goose, p90x workout, celine handbags, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, moncler