Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Glass Of Red Roses" Oil Painting by Artist, NORA KASTEN


"Glass Of Red Roses"
© Nora Kasten/2011

Oil painting on linen on board  (12"x9")     August, 2011

"This is the third painting I'm delivering to The Brown County Art Guild in Nashville, IN on August 28, 2011.  I'll also be delivering the painting "Seven Cousins" to my good friends and the cousins grandparents, The Vaughts, that day also.  I'm leaving on my motor trip to Indiana tomorrow morning.

There are two small homes I will see on Monday, August 29 in Plainfield, IN.  I'm not convinced that buying another home is the right thing to do now but it can't hurt to look . . . see what options are available to me.  One thing to consider is that summer here in Naples, FL is much nicer than Indiana.  Also, it looks like it will be a long time before my home here in Naples sells and I really don't want two homes at the same time.

I would like to share that today was an especially good day for me and very much appreciated."

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Safe travels, Nora.....so glad you had a good day. Your glass is full of beautiful red roses.

Susan Roux said...

Hi Nora. I visited a most spectacular home yesterday. It was recently designed and built by an artist. He incorporated old moldings and wonderful wooden structural pieces from the former structure with new materials. I've never seen anything like it! It was an artist's space, an meditation space with gardens to match. It was so inspiring to be there.

Swing by for a visit sometime and I can go show it to you. Did I mention it's up for sale? It was indescribably breathtaking!

Safe trip my friend! Thoughts of you make me smile...

Kathy Cousart said...

Nora, The glass of red roses is exquisite! Most importantly though I was so glad to see you had had a really good day! Hope you have had more and that they keep coming. Warm thoughts and best wishes for you. Take care of yourself and keep finding the little happies all the way to Indiana!

billspaintingmn said...

A wonderful painting Nora!

Cheri Wollenberg said...

Nora, I'm always so amazed and inspired by your roses. You style is so stunning. Thank you for sharing with us today.