Friday, June 14, 2013

At The Beach / Artist, NORA KASTEN

"Bouquet In Blue Vase"
                                                              Oil on Linen   (7"x5")                     SOLD

Late afternoon on Naples Beach at 4th Avenue South

"This is all I carry onto the beach for enjoying a restful couple hours and then a 30 minute walk.
The IPad Mini, with all my downloaded audio books and also books on Kindle along with the IPhone are in the beach bag.  Today I'm listening to "Unfinished Business" by James Van Praagh and I can identify with much of what he says.

This coming Monday, June 17, I am going to Unity Village, MO, the Unity World Headquarters, for a four day retreat.   It is located just outside of Kansas City.  Since this will be my first visit to Kansas City and also Unity Village I plan to spend ten days.  

The Unity minister leading the retreat "Living Originally" is Robert Brumet and he is the author of three books that I've read recently.  They are "The Quest For Wholeness",  "Birthing A Greater Reality" and "So You Find Yourself In Transition".  They all have been perfect for me.  I'm reminded of . . . . "When the student is ready, the teacher will come".





2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful post, Nora. Enjoy your time away. And, don't forget to use your sunscreen....:) I guess once a nurse, always a nurse.
Hugs,
Carol

hmuxo said...

This floral is absolutely beautiful..
wonderful work!!!