Thursday, April 10, 2014

Destroyed Painting by Artist, NORA KASTEN

"THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS"
Painting #997   Oil on Linen   (10"x8")  Painted December, 2007   Destroyed

From Unity's "DAILY WORD"                                                  Thursday, April 10, 2014
AFFIRMATION
I affirm the absolute good of God.
The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. When I speak words that express Truth, I set in motion the energy of prayer. My chosen words are sacred. What I send into the world returns to me multiplied.
I boldly declare my good, speaking in life-affirming ways about myself and others. I live an empowered life of confidence and optimism. God is the only power at work within my mind, soul, and body, and this power is invincible.
My affirmations demonstrate my faith in the absolute good of God. I speak with certainty, clarity, and positive expectation.
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose.—Isaiah 

      From Unity's "DAILY WORD"                                                 Wednesday, April 9, 2014
CONSCIOUSNESS
I see the dawn of a new day.
My life is a reflection of my consciousness. If I am feeling unhappy with my circumstances, I don’t linger in disappointment or discouragement, but rather I rejoice in the discovery that I can change my life by shifting my consciousness. If I don’t like the film that is playing, I can change the reel!
To shift my consciousness, I examine my beliefs. Do I believe I am deserving and loved? Do I believe I am one with God? I discard any unsupportive self-talk and affirm: I deserve all the good God has for me. I am whole, confident, and strong through the power of God within me. I repeat this practice until my consciousness shifts and I see the dawn of a new day.
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ … may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him.—Ephesians 1:17

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Nora, what a wonderful post. I am wondering why you would destroy such a lovely painting unless it was destroyed by accident.

NORA KASTEN said...

No, I destroyed a lot of paintings those first two years after Karl wasn't here with me.