Sunday, July 5, 2015

Art & Spirit (A New Kitchen) by Artist, NORA KASTEN

"BLUE SHIRT"
Painting #916 of 1182 paintings / Oil on Linen 16"x12" Completed February, 2007  DESTROYED

"Early this year I decided to replace my kitchen oven because it was so old, used and much too small.  I began searching for the right oven that would go in the space available but nothing came together for me.  Knowing not to go forward until receiving the "go ahead" feeling or sign, I just let it go.  Always, that is the right thing to do and I am so glad I listened to the Still Small Voice within because the Universe has a whole new kitchen for me and not just a make do.  

Almost two weeks ago the project began and the new cabinets are being delivered tomorrow, Monday, July 6.  Chris, the best carpenter in the world, will begin right away installing and he's promising to have my new kitchen finished by Friday, July 10.  The new appliances are all GE's "Slate" line and they are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, July 9.  Sometime before that the new granite countertops will be installed.  It is all very exciting and believe it or not, there has been little or no stress."

PART OF OLD KITCHEN


PART OF OLD KITCHEN


PART OF OLD KITCHEN (THIS WILL BE THE NEW PANTRY)


OLD KITCHEN GOING . . . 


OLD KITCHEN  . . . GONE
Daily Word: Daily Inspiration From Unity

Rejuvenate
I am whole, strong, and full of vitality.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Nature in its summer splendor invites me to rest and rejuvenate. Cats and dogs bask in the sunlight. A gentle breeze carries the scent of flowers. The sunset provides a moment of splendor at the end of each day.
I follow nature’s cues and take time to relax and rejuvenate. I find a quiet place to connect with God—perhaps I sit on a rock near the water, a park bench, or on my patio. I settle into meditation. I breathe in the fresh air and let go of any worries. Spirit renews me with each breath. I open myself to fresh perspectives. I see myself whole, strong, and full of vitality. I am rejuvenated!
Mindful to maintain balance in my life, I commit to rest and rejuvenation. I look forward to my next experience in nature.

You have been born anew.—1 Peter 1:23

No comments: