Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Self Portrait by Artist, NORA KASTEN


"THE NECKLACE"
Painting #1181   Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas   (27"x27")     January 26, 2014

"Of course, this is a self portrait but it is the necklace that I wanted to capture on canvas.  When I stopped wearing this diamond as a ring from my dear Karl, I had it mounted on this flat, gold pendant in 2011.  The pendant necklace had been a gift to me from Karl for our 17th wedding anniversary in 2001.  See photo below.

Last January, 2013, I had Karl's wedding ring mounted on the pendant, around the diamond.  It has been a comfort to wear his ring with the diamond close to my heart.  Karl transitioned over three years ago now but he still continues to give to me.  Thank you, Sweetheart."




Sunday, January 26, 2014
GRACE
I accept grace with a grateful heart.
Grace is woven into the very fabric of my being. It is the goodness of God at work in my life. I accept grace as the redeeming, uplifting, and transforming power of God working in and through me now.
Grace is an expression of God’s love, and I receive it every day with a grateful heart. I experience grace as a nudge to pay attention … as a second chance … as unexpected good or a better-than-expected outcome. When I allow room for God’s grace, good blossoms in my consciousness. Forgiveness, generosity, and love come naturally, and I am blessed.
Life is easier when I am open to God’s grace. Following Spirit’s lead, I no longer paddle against the current, but flow with the stream of divine life.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.–Philippians 4:23

No comments: